I got tagged for a meme...
1. How many songs are on your Ipod? my Ipod technically belongs to my husband, but he keeps a file of sermons and lectures for me to listen to while I'm at work. (He has 8433 songs.)
2. What do you do before bedtime? Paul goes to bed earlier than I. So I read the Bible with him in bed, then, while he sleeps, I do dishes, laundry, blog....until my bedtime, when I read a bit before falling to sleep.
3. What magazines do you have subscriptions to? Smithsonian & Tabletalk
4. What is your favorite sound? expository preaching (and in particular the comforting voices of R.C. Sproul, John MacArthur, John Piper, and strangely enough, James White).
5. If you had a million dollars that you could spend only on yourself, what would you do with it? pay off my mortgage and do all our home improvements (especially fencing in the back yard), get medical insurance and get a check-up for everyone in my family - pets included, buy a new computer and a copier for the church (I know that's not for me, but I do the bulletins, so in a way it is for me), build up our personal library, get a new pair of reading glasses, oh, and take my car to the shop. I can't really think of anything else.
6 What is your theme song? Before I was a Christian, it would probably have been Blasphemous Rumours, by Depeche Mode, not because it was my favorite, but because it represented my outlook. I'm not sure I have one now (I'm not a very musical person), but if I had to pick it would be either How Great Thou Art or Great is Thy Faithfulness.
7. Do you trust easily? No, I don't think so. But Paul would say I trust too easily. It depends on the situation.
8. Do you generally think before you act or act before you think? think first.
9. Is there anything that makes you unhappy these days? yes, pre-election vitriol
10. Do you have a good body image? I guess, I try not to think about it.
11. Is being tagged fun? Usually
12. What websites do you visit daily? Live Journal, my blog and friends' blogs, email, CNN, the local newspaper
13. What have you been addicted to lately? nothing, unless you want to count the Internet
14.What kind of person do you think is the person who tagged you? smart, industrious, loyal, devout
15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Come Thou fount of every blessing....
16.What's your favorite item of clothing? my olive drab shorts
17. What's your favorite cereal? granola
18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground? pick it up. If there were no people around I would keep it. If folks were nearby I would probably ask if someone lost some money....
19. What items could you not go without during the day? "could" is a strong term, so food and water. "Would" is a bit different, things I'd miss if I didn't have them. I'd say my husband, my Bible or some related literature, my kids, my pets, food, Diet Pepsi, my cell phone, chapstick.
20. What should you be doing right now? pulling dinner out of the oven. Which I'll go do right now