Here's my laundry list of a Monday

Our church had its first annual Reformation Sunday yesterday. It was really quite wonderful. Paul gave a lecture on Martin Luther and his part in the Protestant Reformation. Then Pastor Pat gave his sermon on Justification by Faith Alone. After that we had a lovely pot-luck for which many of the ladies had been busy preparing for a couple of days. Andi (Pat's wife) did a great job making everything look pretty on a shoestring budget. We all ate like kings. In the evening we congregated again, at Pat & Andi's and had more pot-luck and listened to Pat's message, "5 Reasons Why I'm Reformed" , in which he listed 10 reasons to be reformed.

It was a great day, except for Paul. The minute he sat down after delivering his lesson he got the flu. Well, we thought it was a cold, but in less than 24 hours it's gone to his chest and he's got a high fever. He went to work today, which probably didn't help matters, but I think he'll be calling in sick tomorrow.

I had the day off today and spent it trying to get my act together. I changed my sheets, did 7 loads of laundry (and even put it all away!),cleaned the cat boxes, cleaned my kitchen (except for the floors), spent a couple of hours prepping and painting more kitchen cabinets, re-priced some books, put a bunch of obscure books on-line (the kind I usually set aside to deal with "later" because they're complicated), did the Monday banking, returned books to the library, went to the post office, went to my mom's, and at dinner-time made fetuccine Alfredo for Paul and Gina. Oh, here's a picture of Gina and Tony on Reformation Sunday:



I'd like to have a month of days like today. I think that's what it would take to get my house put together - that and a couple more bookshelves. Instead, I think it's going to be a few more weeks to finish the kitchen, and another couple of years for the rest of the house, should the Lord will and I live that long. I'm starting to get excited about the kitchen. The section of cabinets I started today is the last set, and it's the set nearest the stove & refrigerator, so I notice it more. Once these are done, the rest is cake, and now I'm much more confident that the finished product is going to look wonderful. I'm finally able to picture it in my mind.

Okay, I'm certain that was more than anyone wanted to know about my day, but that was it.

Comments

rainydaytoys said…
It sounds like a great day, except for Paul being sick. Oh to be able to do so much in one day. I got worn out just reading about it! Ha!
Gina said…
yay me and tony!
i hope paul doesn't give me his flu... that would be terrible for halloween

Popular posts from this blog

in which I discuss the unthinkable

I forgave you a long time ago...

"It is finished!" ...and I am free...