Death is not dying

It may not look like it, but I'm dying. No, not in the way you're thinking. It may not seem like it, but you are dying too. All of us are dying. From the moment of our birth, our end is inevitable. We may, perhaps, be able to delay it; but we cannot escape it. And yet, by the grace of God and the sacrifice of His Son, even Death, our great enemy, is made to serve us. How can that be? Well,
"I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

"Death is swallowed up in victory."
"O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?"

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Cor. 15:50-57)
And so, I hope you will take the time to watch Rachel Barkey, a 37 year old
mother, terminally ill with cancer tell her story, and share her faith and the
reason for her great hope.


HT to Wanna Walk Along & Alpha & Omega Ministries

Comments

pinamarie said…
I watched it last week...It was incredibly moving...and something really good to hear.
Anonymous said…
I came across that site last week, and found it absolutely riveting. I hope it receives wide exposure.

I have an old draft which I've never developed with the working title "I'm Dying." The first paragraph was very similar to your first paragraph here. I may have to rework it now!
Laurie M. said…
Barry,
You don't have to rework it on my account. Just leave it for a few more days and no one in our vast mutual readership will notice;-)
Anonymous said…
As long as it takes me to get around to developing my drafts, it will sit there for weeks or months before I get it ready to post!
Laurie M. said…
Barry, I always like the end result. However you're doing it, it works. You know what my mentor, the Turtle, says: "Slow and steady wins the race."

Popular posts from this blog

in which I discuss the unthinkable

I forgave you a long time ago...

"It is finished!" ...and I am free...